Old 09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
craidon craidon is offline
Registered User

Default Blanket Weed, Can anyone please advise ?

Hi All,
We have a new raised pond in the garden, used the foundations from a greenhouse and built it up.
We duobled bricked it with the liner in the middle, then painted the inside block with A1 pond paint (epoxy).
We only have goldfish in it but I'm never wawy from the top of the garden with my coffee, watching them all having fun in a nice big pond, we have 6 large ones that we've had for 6 years, I also bought 10 medium sized as well as 10 small golden orfs (is this correct spelling ?)
I've attached a picture, hope you like it, a bit of an amateur, when it comes to ponds.
It's only taken 3 weeks and it seems that blanket weed has gone crazy !!
I've done limlited rersearch and I'm not sure whether to buy a vac or use tablets that you pop in and it dissapears ???
Can anyone tell me the best way to keep this weed down ?
Thanks in advance,
Craig.