Old 09-06-2008, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] morganMPC@googlemail.com is offline

Default Save Jims Allotment

Hi Sacha

Couple of points you bought up....first the allotment is only
overlooked by one house, owned by another allotmenteer who has no
probs with the now plastic greenhouse and also in fac signed the
petition in support of my father last year.

The other point,,,, the new rule, we discovered...was bought in
strictly against my father, no other reason. There had been no rules
since 1930!!!

Hope this helps

Thanks for your interest

Sacha wrote:

On 31/5/08 21:14, in article , "Pete
Stockdale" wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Anne Jackson
writes
The message from Janet Tweedy contains these
words:

Don't know who put the website together for you but it has a lot of
mistakes including spelling and the pictures don't come up. i think
you'd get more support if people could see the actual structure etc. and
also read the story on the front page.

I have no problem seeing the photos, Janet - but had a problem when
I tried to re-enter the site.

I saw the initial photos but the final lot were not being called up from
wherever they are stored.

Wrote Anne

I could have sworn that there was a photo of the actual 'structure'
in there, first time I looked, but can't see it any longer - has
someone removed it recently?

No - it is just a bit hidden

Try

http://allotment5andahalf.wordpress..../filmcrew0054/

The final lot seem to be there now.

I see a film crew, some fairly unidentifiable construction/s and not much
else. I do not see a polytunnel. There is a question that I'd like to ask
about this dispute. Do any houses overlook the allotments? I'm just
wondering if the rule against greenhouses or polytunnels was made so as not
to spoil a view?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk