Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default overdosed moss killer?

on 6/8/2008 6:41 AM rafal said the following:
Hi, I wonder if you can help me

I applied Lawn Feed & Moss Killer granules in hand spreader box to my
70 m2 lawn.
Did my best not to over apply the granules and watered after 2 days.
That was 3-4 weeks ago. Now the grass almost stopped growing and there
are yellowish stripes which follows the granules spreading pattern.
Looks like I have overdosed it.
What to do now? Is there anything I can apply to remedy that?
Any advice will be apprieciated
rafal

I've never used a moss killer. My way of removing moss is to rake it up,
or if it is widespread, by dragging a de-thatcher across it. Best done
in early spring, or after a rain (or watering), when the ground is wet.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY