Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default tree id request

Yesterday I passed a flowering tree alongside a country road. I'm
assuming it was planted - some of the other trees there, such as
large-leaved limes would have been planted.

It's not a tree I recognise, but it looks as if it belongs to family
Rosaceae and subfamily Maloideae. However it's rather late flowering for
an apple, pear or whitebeam, which were my first thoughts. Anyone
recognise it?

http://florulaehortenses.blogspot.co...eous-tree.html
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley