Old 11-06-2008, 03:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nan & Rich Zitney Nan & Rich Zitney is offline

Default Hazy Eyes

On Jun 10, 11:49 am, wrote:
get a salt test kit for ponds. if they are tame, get your hand in there and feel the
slime coat. thick slime coat is sticky. both parasites and bad water conditions can
cause increased slime coat. Ingrid

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:32:06 EDT, "Nan & Rich Zitney" wrote:

Hi Jan, All the other fish look great, we can finally see them all!!
DH put in a UV light last week. She is healthy and active in all
other ways. We had put salt in the pond as they were coming out of the
winter slowdown. It has surely been diluted by heavy rains and
pumping off several inches of depth 3 or 4 times.
DH says he put in 20 #'s for 2500 gallons.
Still open to ideas.

Thanks Ingrid, will do that as soon as we get skeeters around the pond
under control. They are as big a C5's and voracious in appetite. Damn
I hate those vampires. I'll Cutter-up and go out about noon and check
her slime coat.
Nan