Old 12-06-2008, 03:16 PM
AmitUK AmitUK is offline
Registered User

Default Trouble with my Cordyline!

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Cordyline and was hoping you could help!!!

I recently bought a cordyline tree and transplanted it from it’s huge pot in to the ground about 1 month ago.

At first, all seemed OK, but recently I noticed that one of the heads wasn’t sprouting any new leaves. I was alarmed by this and so got a ladder and climbed up to see what was going on. I then found that the crown was rotting…

Additional information:-

- The soil in my area is clay like and quite heavy
- When I inspected the crown more closely, I noticed woodlice around there – not sure whether they are the cause or whether they’ve come because of the rotting?
- I haven’t had a chance to check the other head yet, but from the pics, it looks as though it is OK.
- The tree did flower...
- I’ve stopped watering it as I suspect it could be due to over watering, but not sure.

Is there anything that can be done to save the tree….?

Your advice would be much appreciated…

Amit

PS I have some pics if needed, but for some reason, when trying to upload them with this post failed!