Old 12-06-2008, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Can anyone identify a weed and a fungus?!?

news
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"mentalguy2004" wrote in message
I have the weed growing in my garden, I'm told be a neighbour that it's
one
of these "superweeds" whose roots will eventually lift my patio and make
my
house fall over. Any ideas what it is, and how to kill it? I've tried
spraying it with weedkiller, I've drilled down the main stem and filled
it
with weedkiller but it still comes back and I don't have enough room
between patio and fence to dig it out or burn it.

It looks like elder. It won't make your house fall over :-)

I don't think it's elder - too many leaflets in the leaves. My thought was
ash.

Sorry - you're right. I meant ash :-(

Mary