Old 13-06-2008, 12:36 AM
philh philh is offline
Registered User

Default unusual foxglove?

i have a number of standard purple foxgloves in my garden,they have self seeded for many years.I noticed one of them was different to any i had seen befor.The plant has its usual purple trumpet like flowers pointing down,but at the very top,the flower has lost its trumpet shape,its opend up into a disc shape,it has the same colours but is maybe 5 or 6 times the size and has a large center point (stamen?) is this common? i have never seen one like it befor,i will see if my daughter can download a picture tommorow