Old 12-06-2008, 07:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Cutting back Honeysuckle

Gladiobean wrote:
Can I trim back my Honeysuckle at this time of year and can I take
cuttings, if so what is the method I should employ, thanks in
anticipation

Don't see why you can't cut it back at least moderately now -- I whack away
at mine whenever it threatens to depart the pergola and attack the house
and it doesn't seem to have suffered. Haven't tried it but green wood
cuttings should take relatively easily. The routine of stripping the first
couple of leaves from the bottom of the cutting, dipping in rooting
hormone, and then potting up in a damp medium will likely work. I'm sure
that there are online descriptions of how to do it.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]