Old 13-06-2008, 12:56 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Blanket Weed, Can anyone please advise ?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:33:57 EDT, Hal wrote:

I'm not sure what might work best for you, but I have a hot tub
converted to a goldfish pond that is in full sun and it for some
reason won't support higher plants, but I just finished a 3 week
battle to rid it of string algae using Algaefix, by Pondcare.

Even though the bottle claims not to hurt higher plant forms, don't believe
it, it is like slow death in a bottle for them, imo.

String algae is normal for a new pond till you get the shorter sweater
algae that will form on the sides eventually. Simply rake the worst of the
string algae out of the pond. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us