Old 13-06-2008, 02:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default cucumber plants with no tendrils !!!

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:51:42 +0100, hutchy01
wrote:

hi all im new to this forum, ive been growing cucumbers and tomatoes for
a couple of years now very succesfully, hovever this year i have noticed
that my cucumber plants (f1) have no tendrils to help the plants climb,
can anyone help and tell me is this normal for this variety (cucumber
f1 ), im sure the plants i had in years gone by were f1 but im not
totally sure, thanks in advance of any reply's. rob (cumbria)

How big are the plants? In what part of the country are you growing
them? Are the plants otherwise healthy and thriving?

I planted mine from seed (3 varieties - Kirby, lemon and Satsuki)
directly in the ground in mid to late May and they just developed the
first tendrils a few days ago. They are now about 8" high.

Boron