Old 13-06-2008, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddie G0EHV Eddie G0EHV is offline

Default Vibrating flymo - Solved.

"Eddie G0EHV" wrote in message
Thanks for all the tips with my Flymo problem.

The blade or the bearings seem to be favorite.

The blade does balance so that may be OK.
If i run the machine without a blade it's as smooth as silk - won't cut
grass though 8-)

I'm going to try a blade swap with my son in law's machine and see what
happens.

Pity to scrap it, the machine is in great condition, it just vibrates like
ther's no tomorrow!

Regards,
Eddie

I'll post a fix if I find one.

Hello again,

Well I swapped the blades over with my son in law.........
Both machines performed fine! However his machine requires a 300mm blade,
mine a 330mm, so swapped them back.

Today I got a new blade from B&Q after waiting for 5 weeks for them to come
into stock.
Fitted blade and machine now is pretty good, not perfect but a lot smoother.

Seems the blade balance is very critical, the old blade looks OK and
balances fine on a knife edge as recommended.
Maybe the bearings are a bit "iffy".

Now to get the lawn cut.......
Maybe not, just had a heavy shower and the grass is soaking wet!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Eddie