Old 14-06-2008, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Help with saving peas and bean seed.

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
Last September I saved back 20+ pods of dwarf and French climbing beans
and also some sugar snap peas. I allowed them to dry out on the parent
plant.

The condition of the seed wasn't pristine and I dried them on paper for a
day. Although I placed them in airtight containers, most of them, dried up
or went mouldy. Appreciate any advice please.

Try sticking them in envelopes in a dry place like everybody else!

Airtight containers are the biggest noon to keeping any plant or animal
alive !!

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com