Old 14-06-2008, 10:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Ideas need for a DIY waterfall wier

I've pretty much decided to go with retaining blocks for my new waterfall.
I've considered a few designs, but think I'll use a wishing well design with
a cascade out the side. But this presents three problems, one, I need a weir
about 15" wide, 9" deep and about 4" high, two I need to contain the water
in the well and three I need to attach the weir to the container.

I was originally considering a round Whiskey barrel container, but the
diameter is a bit small for my size. Plan B would be to cut off a 55 gallon
drum, which is slightly big, but could probably be concealed. Plan C would
just be to throw some liner in the well and use the top row of stones to
hold it in place. But I don't know if a single row of stones would hold the
liner? Each stone weighs about 20 pounds and there would be about 20 stones.

So any ideas for a weir that I could attach to liner or a half barrel? I
really have no good ideas for this one.

..