Old 14-06-2008, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Help with saving peas and bean seed.

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
Last September I saved back 20+ pods of dwarf and French climbing beans
and also some sugar snap peas. I allowed them to dry out on the parent
plant.

The condition of the seed wasn't pristine and I dried them on paper for a
day. Although I placed them in airtight containers, most of them, dried up
or went mouldy. Appreciate any advice please.

Bertie

They'd dry naturally, nothing wrong with that. Why did you put them in an
airtight container?

Mary