Old 14-06-2008, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Help with saving peas and bean seed.

On 14/6/08 15:28, in article , "Bertie
Doe" wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article
"Robert \(Plymouth\)" writes:

| I would say that airtight containers are the problem because referring
back
| to what Nick said, they will not be totally dry. Brown paper bags are
ideal
| imo.

Airtight is good, IF they are seriously dry before going in. And that
means a lot drier than most people realise. If not, I agree with the
use of brown paper bags.

Thanks all for the speedy replies. I'll give that a try - longer indoors to
dry out and store in paper bags.

Bertie

Wage packets are good for seeds, Bertie. You could leave yours to dry hung
up in the kitchen if it's not steamy or perhaps in front of a sunny window
in a spare room etc.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com