Old 14-06-2008, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
John - Pa. John - Pa. is offline

Default Peony Portrait - 20083008.jpg

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond here. I don't get out to this
news-group every day.

In this shot I was using the Canon 24-105 f4 L IS, which is my normal
walk-around lens these days. I expect that most folks will tell you
that the glass is more important than the recording device, so if you
can, spend money on the good "L" lenses before the camera. These are
horribly expensive, but they do make a difference. The Canon community
is also still holding its breath for a replacement for the full-frame
5D, which folks are hoping may be out this fall. The current 5D, with
heavy discounts, is a good bet too.

JD

What lens did you use on this beautiful peony? This photo may be a very
good argument for me to get a 1D mark 111. lmao !!!
I just happened onto this newsgroup tonight and happy I did. We live in
northern MI and our flowers are just beginning to bloom.
I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT. Our peonies are the pink varity and of three
plants only one blooms and we do not know why.
Our flowers really took a hit this winter from so much snow and wind but
we're working hard to get the garden back in order even with a cold spring.
Bill