Old 14-06-2008, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Could somebody ID this plant please?

In message , Charlie
Pridham writes
In article a0b92c86-aa67-4421-bb65-
,
says...
Does anyone know what this is? My next door neighbour gave it to me,
and she doesn't know what it is either. Thanks.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...e/IMG_1268.jpg

If you like each other it may be galega if not its a vetch!

Galega is odd-pinnate (with a single terminal leaflet), while Vicia is
even-pinnate with a terminal tendril (or reduced tendril).

Assuming it's something native, which may not be wise, it looks rather
like tufted vetch (Vicia cracca), but I'm not sure of that
identification. Similar species, fide Stace, are fine-leaved vetch and
Danzig vetch.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley