Old 14-06-2008, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default Gga quinquinervis alba x2

Right you are, Kathy. I purchased this from Carter & Holmes as Gga
quinquinervis alba x self. As far as I know, there's no way an alba x self
can revert to the colored form. I wrote to C&H and haven't heard back yet.
I'll let you know if there's a reasonable answer. Unless anyone else knows
anything about alba Gongoras not being real albas or having complex genes as
in white Catts?
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
?? I thought there shouldn't be any red/brown (anthocyanins) color in an
alba...

K Barrett

"v_coerulea" wrote in message
These are 3" flowers on 1 1/2' long stems and quite fragrant.
Gary