Old 15-06-2008, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale Jeanne Stockdale is offline

Default Could somebody ID this plant please?

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Lisa" wrote in message
Does anyone know what this is? My next door neighbour gave it to me,
and she doesn't know what it is either. Thanks.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...e/IMG_1268.jpg

My guess is Goats Rue.

We have this in our garden and have always known it as galega (which is
sometimes called Goats Rue).

It is a hardy perennial which grows to 3-4 feet. Cut down in autumn or early
spring. In windy conditions it does tend to blow over (and cover everything
else around). Every year I say I will stake it in spring and every year I
forget

Jeanne