Old 16-06-2008, 08:14 AM
andrew pearce andrew pearce is offline
Registered User

Location: ipswich
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasdoctor View Post
More veggie probs.

I planted some early peas in my veggie plot (same pos as last year...could be the problem) under cloches in march....one plant grew from 2 5' rows.
This was last years seed, but still in date.

So I replanted with new seed, same again, about 3 plants grew. (no cloche)

Just put more seed in, fingers crossed..

What am I doing wrong, last years peas were great?

Has it been too wet?

You should pregerminate your peas in a tray,two layers of wet kitchen roll.
Keep damp,in light ,until peas shoot ,then plant out. Water in with weak mix of jays fluid, this keeps beasties away.