Old 16-06-2008, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Katey Didd[_2_] Katey Didd[_2_] is offline

Default Pressure canners

Charlie wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:23:12 -0500, "Katey Didd"
wrote:

Hi.. now that our gardens are starting to produce is anyone here a canner?
I searched all over for a canner with a pressure dial like my old canner
had
and couldn't find one anywhere. The one I bought is a Presto and has the
weight and other things on top, but no pressure dial anymore. Which ones
do
you prefer? Which do you feel do a better job at canning safely?

Don't be skimpy when it comes to food safety, as you are obviously
concerned about. These are pricey, to be sure, but I have never
ordered anything from Lehman's that wasn't absolutely the highest
quality and built for a lifetime.

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=3661

Very nice but pricey. If we were still young with a growing family it would
pay. I think the Presto 23 qt should do it for us seniors. I had a Mirro
w/pressure gauge years ago and am now sorry I sold it when we moved up here
to the country. Now that we're retired we have the time to get back into
some serious gardening.

Charlie