Old 16-06-2008, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Tom J Tom J is offline

Default Pressure canners

Katey Didd wrote:
Charlie wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:23:12 -0500, "Katey Didd"
wrote:

Hi.. now that our gardens are starting to produce is anyone here a
canner? I searched all over for a canner with a pressure dial like
my old canner had
and couldn't find one anywhere. The one I bought is a Presto and
has the weight and other things on top, but no pressure dial
anymore. Which ones do
you prefer? Which do you feel do a better job at canning safely?

Don't be skimpy when it comes to food safety, as you are obviously
concerned about. These are pricey, to be sure, but I have never
ordered anything from Lehman's that wasn't absolutely the highest
quality and built for a lifetime.

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=3661

Very nice but pricey. If we were still young with a growing family
it
would pay. I think the Presto 23 qt should do it for us seniors. I
had a Mirro w/pressure gauge years ago and am now sorry I sold it
when we moved up here to the country. Now that we're retired we have
the time to get back into some serious gardening.

Buy it and pass it on to the family. We have the 921 model that is
over 50 years old and the only service has been replacement gaskets.

Tom J