Old 23-02-2003, 12:51 AM
femalestrom

Default David Hunt Orchids?

I placed an order with him in early January, but obviously there
hasn't been a good time to ship because of weather. Most
likely as Al said, the plants will be bare root, and right out of
customs. If you are not used to this, a person might be put off.
Things come with dark spots, and look somewhat needy. But
I have really lost very few plants that I've gotten this way.
Despite my less than optimum conditions. At any rate.. even
though the plants will likely be small... you will be hard pressed
to find much of this stuff through your average vendor if at all,
and if you did it would be greatly marked up due to the vendors
pampering. You need to figure out if you are willing to put up
with the above.

Crystal

--
Nostradamus was just a bad poet with a paranoid streak.

- Penn Gillette
"Bill Landers" wrote in message
Hi Group-
I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with David Hunt? I have
been receiving periodic e-mails from him offering mostly species orchids
imported from various countries (the latest e-mail is offering species

from
Thailand and Southeast Asia). The prices seem reasonable, as well as the
terms- no payment until orchids have been received. Can anyone tell of
their experiences with him? Thanks.
Bill Landers