Old 16-06-2008, 12:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default Den Green Lantern x2

Mine has just quit after about 4 months of blooming. I noticed the it only
blooms on the hanging canes. Maybe that just indicates age (we all do that a
bit with age). I have it potted in peanuts and sphagnum and hanging. I think
a lot of orchids prefer to be in the breeze and it makes a lot more bench
space. I just poke holes in regular pots and use 3-wire hangers. The hangers
provide a means of support too if you need it. I use the smallest guage hole
punch from Staples (1/8" I think). I don't think any reinforcement is needed
as the orchid is usually holding on for itself before any plastic holes give
out. I've never had that happen anyway. So, I agree that hanging somehow is
the best for this plant.
Gary

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news
We have this in bloom also. It is quite rangy. The pseudobulbs tend to
fall over, for sure. I wonder if it would be happier mounted in a basket,
or on a piece of hardwood. Love the flower, and it just stays in bloom
forever.

Diana

"v_coerulea" wrote in message
These attractive dendrobium flowers last a very long time. I can't seem
to get more than one or 2 flowers/ stem. It also seems not to bloom
unless the stem is hanging much as some vandas do.
Gary