Old 16-06-2008, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default hosta/slug info

In article ,
"AAaron123" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
fedupofsalt wrote:

results, please visit
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...hreadid=175768
Question: What works best for you?

- copper
- sharp sand/gravel
- salt/manual
- other. please state

I am currently developing an anti snail/slug pot/planter. Any
information you have regarding what works best for you would be greatly
appreciated. Copper, pellets, sharp gravel etc? Obviously if anyone
provides enough info which leads to the final product will recieve more
pots then they will ever need. The pots we are currently testing are
around 94% effective. This is not good enough! We all know what 1 slug
can do! We are aiming for 100% before our product is available. As
mentioned before, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Iron-Phosphate, a.k.a. ferric phosphate. Sheesh.

how do you use it?
ok around food plants?

Iron is a dietary necessity for humans and we add rock phosphate
to our gardens to support plants and microorganisms. Iron
phosphate is safe for gardens up to the day of harvest. It needs
to be re-applied every 2 to 3 weeks for maximum protection.

The product you buy will come as granuls that need to be cast
where you want protection. Maximum protection comes after one to
two days. 99% of the commercial product is inert ingredients.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars