Old 16-06-2008, 10:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Low Power & Smoke - Lawnboy

"ecarecar" wrote in message
et...
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Oren said:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:50:54 -0400, ecarecar
wrote:

I have a Lawnboy model 6872 or maybe 7268.

Anyway, it was running fine, then I noticed that the power went down
and it started smoking.

What color was the smoke? Black or white?

Why would it be white? Does it have a radiator?

The whole story is that I got lazy and took it to a shop last winter to
have
something done. I got it back and started using it. A few weeks later it
started
the gradual process of smoking and losing power after it warmed up. It
got
progressively worse.

I temporarily got unlazy and started to take the carburetor off when I
noticed
the bolts/screws holding it on were loose. I tightened them and
everything seems
to be fine.

The only confusing thing is that I would have expected the mixture to have
gotten lean not rich.

Thanks for coming back and explaining. Nothing worse than to be left
hanging.