Old 17-06-2008, 03:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Hazy Eyes

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:37:03 EDT, "D Kat" wrote:

"Nan & Rich Zitney" wrote in message news:fcfc5af0-
Thanks Ingrid, will do that as soon as we get skeeters around the pond
under control. They are as big a C5's and voracious in appetite. Damn
I hate those vampires. I'll Cutter-up and go out about noon and check
her slime coat.
Nan

this may be the strangest thing i ever heard - mosquitoes in a fish pond?
donna

I don't think she's talking IN the pond, but flying around and biting.
They've been horrible here also. Today the power went out and since the
patio is shaded I had to light several citronella candles so they wouldn't
enter the cracked slider where we were running the extension cord in from
the generator. Thankfully it was just a short outage, 2.5 hours and in the
early morning when it was still cool. Only problem is the skeeters have
every bit of shade covered to attack in. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us