Old 18-06-2008, 05:16 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Hazy Eyes

sloppy reading on my part. i seem to have mosquitoes that only lay eggs in
the fish ponds... i do try to keep all things that hold water emptied or
frequently changed (birdbaths) but my mosquito problem disappeared when i
put in a pond and i live by wetlands. do mosquito fish survive in bogs i
wonder? if not i am going to rethink putting one in.

"Nan & Rich Zitney" wrote in message
On Jun 16, 1:37 pm, "D Kat" wrote:
"Nan & Rich Zitney" wrote in message news:fcfc5af0-
Thanks Ingrid, will do that as soon as we get skeeters around the pond
under control. They are as big a C5's and voracious in appetite. Damn
I hate those vampires. I'll Cutter-up and go out about noon and check
her slime coat.
Nan

this may be the strangest thing i ever heard - mosquitoes in a fish pond?
donna

I said 'around' the fish pond.