Old 18-06-2008, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default hosta/slug info

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

ct.net.au:

Most slugs prefer micro breweries and, like civilized
creatures, prefer to drink it from a glass. Stouts are
good. Be sure to put it by your front gate or on your porch
for maximum effectiveness. Where do you live again,
exactly? A google map would help the slugs to find their
way to your trap.

Charlie! Don't crowd me.

Billy, do you brew?
we made an exceptional batch of Scarborough Faire a few weeks
ago.... too bad you're on the wrong coast
we currently have Maple Ale (seasonal, made with sap not
syrup), Scarborough Faire (unhopped, preserved with herbs) &
two pale ales. there's two batches of some kind fermenting in
the dining room, but i wasn't here when T brewed them. i think
one is a Barley Wine though.
it's about time to brew up the Spruce beers as well...

lee

No. Made some mead once but I don't brew. I may have to rethink that.
Brewing is far more complicated than winemaking. Grapes have acidity to
fight back the micro-critter beer doesn't and caution to the point of
neurosis is beneficial for a brewer. Then there is the malting and the
roasting. I've never felt comfortable not being in charge of all the
parameters of a project. Lastly, to control the dextrins, the mouth
feel, multiple temps for varying times are needed and from this I know
from nothing. One bit of information I did picked up along the way, if
you are just interested in the liberating effects of ethanol, is that
nothing ferments faster than pineapple juice;-)

ŕ ta santé, prost
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars