Old 07-04-2003, 02:56 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Rhubarb

homer wrote:

Mine grows like a weed. I live in Portland, OR. I actually tried getting
rid of it last year and dug out about one cubic foot of earth around where
it grew. It came back enough for my new girlfriend to make two strawberry
rhubard pies (things have worked out so I haven't tried to kill it again
this year ).

Oh Man....... strawberry rhubarb piesigh. I was born & raised in Seattle and
my mom made several every year. You just hit on a real fond memory I'd
forgotten for many a year. We had a pile of always rotting grass etc behind the
garage and thats where it grew best. Dang, sure wish I had a big slice of pie
Won't grow in Albuquerque where I live now - bummer............
--
John S. DeBoo