Old 19-06-2008, 05:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark... Clark... is offline

Default Wheel weights on the Craftsman dys 4500

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
I gotta tell you, since I bypassed the seat kill switch and I added
wheel weights to the lawn tractor, I have really enjoyed the thing.
The 4500 feels a lot more stable when on a slope and when towing the
lawn sweeper the traction is way better.
If anyone is considering weights for this model, go for it.
I think I might also want to go with a wider tire, this thing only
has 8 inch width tires on the back, my fathers Husqvarna has 10 inch
tires, but what benefit would it really give me? around here they
are about $60.00 each, and I gotta figure they are a pain in the
butt to change, or I could take them
to the garage so they can do it..

Clark...

My regular auto garage changes small tires for me gratis - sometimes
even inserting a tube which I have supplied.

Be careful with that lawn sweeper - don't get any 10" logs caught in
it.
chuckle

Actually the sweeper handles those pesky 10" pine sticks handily ,
and well so does the replacement lawn tractor, I'm chalking that one up to
freak accident.
Kathy was using it last weekend and I held my head in disbelief every time
she neglected to disengage the blades while going
over some tall roots, Luckily she did not hit anything, (she did get a
polite reminder)
I'm thinking I should bury those pesky roots so it won't be an issue
anymore. ;-)

Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?