Old 19-06-2008, 04:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Wheel weights on the Craftsman dys 4500

I gotta tell you, since I bypassed the seat kill switch and I added wheel
weights to the lawn tractor, I have really enjoyed the thing.
The 4500 feels a lot more stable when on a slope and when towing the lawn
sweeper the traction is way better.
If anyone is considering weights for this model, go for it.
I think I might also want to go with a wider tire, this thing only has 8
inch width tires on the back, my fathers Husqvarna has 10 inch tires,
but what benefit would it really give me? around here they are about $60.00
each, and I gotta figure they are a pain in the butt to change, or I could
take them
to the garage so they can do it..

Clark...

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 19-06-2008, 04:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark..." wrote in message
I gotta tell you, since I bypassed the seat kill switch and I added wheel
weights to the lawn tractor, I have really enjoyed the thing.
The 4500 feels a lot more stable when on a slope and when towing the lawn
sweeper the traction is way better.
If anyone is considering weights for this model, go for it.
I think I might also want to go with a wider tire, this thing only has 8
inch width tires on the back, my fathers Husqvarna has 10 inch tires,
but what benefit would it really give me? around here they are about
$60.00 each, and I gotta figure they are a pain in the butt to change, or
I could take them
to the garage so they can do it..

Clark...

My regular auto garage changes small tires for me gratis - sometimes even
inserting a tube which I have supplied.

Be careful with that lawn sweeper - don't get any 10" logs caught in it.

chuckle

Old 19-06-2008, 05:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
[...]

Actually the sweeper handles those pesky 10" pine sticks handily ,
and well so does the replacement lawn tractor, I'm chalking that one up to
freak accident.
Kathy was using it last weekend and I held my head in disbelief every time
she neglected to disengage the blades while going
over some tall roots, Luckily she did not hit anything, (she did get a
polite reminder)
I'm thinking I should bury those pesky roots so it won't be an issue
anymore. ;-)

Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 19-06-2008, 09:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark... said:

I'm thinking I should bury those pesky roots so it won't be an issue
anymore. ;-)

*kicks shin* =P
--

Eggs

-A halo has to fall only a few inches to become a noose.
Old 22-06-2008, 01:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
[...]

I've never had much luck trying to bury the roots - they keep coming back up
each spring. Some maples I have just ripped the exposed root out. Didn't
bother mine.