Old 19-06-2008, 08:30 PM posted to austin.gardening
charliekilo charliekilo is offline

Default Fire ants?

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
m...
"charliekilo" wrote in message
For the record, I am not complaining! Where have all of the fire ants
gone? I haven't seem many over the past couple of years and none this
year. I used to have several mounds in my yard at any given time and now
not a single mound or fire ant to be seen.

Here, the mounds are gone, but fire ants are still there. A different
sub-species is present at the side of the front steps on my porch. They
are a more burgundy color. Other normal colored fire ants are all over
the place, minus mounds out at my place. Got feedback on lack of mounds,
its lack of water. They build mounds when it rains or similar to that.
--
Dave

I didn't have any mounds in my area last year when we had lots of rain...I
just have a bunch of tiny ants everywhere this year.