Old 07-04-2003, 04:32 AM
zhanataya

Default Rhubarb

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 00:06:12 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
When does rhubarb come up? I planted some last year but have not seen any
come up yet this year. I live in central Maryland - Zone 6.

I live in Frederick, MD. Tried twice to grow rhubarb. Once it lasted one
year and once it lasted 2 years and just went away.

I have since have grown it as an annual from seed. Start it in the fall in
1 gal containers -- keep it under lights over winter -- harvest it the next
summer. Generally get enough for one pie. Which is about all I ever eat
anyway.

That's got to be one *expensive* pie. ;-)

zhan