Old 07-04-2003, 04:44 AM
jammer

Default Pots without drainage holes

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 14:13:41 -0400, "BT" wrote:

I've used both clay and plastic pots with no drainage holes without any
problems. You don't need to worry about lack of drainage holes unless you tend
to overwater your plants. Just put an inch or two of pea gravel in the bottom,
then top up with a good quality potting soil. If it is a clay flower pot, it
will "breathe" away some of the excess moisture anyways. If it isn't a clay
pot, just don't overwater in the first place...more frequent waterings of less
water should work fine

BT

Actually, I had forgotten where the pot came from. I had an ivy in it
that went all the way around the kitchen 15 yrs ago. We moved and it
died...but otherwise, yes, just dont over water and don't try it with
a plant you can't stand to lose.