Old 20-06-2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Slugs-nothing works, please help!!!!

On Jun 20, 9:11*am, hakakahn
wrote:
I have a massive slug problem in my garden of pots, (it is only a yard,
no grass). I have brought a lot of my plants inside as the slugs won't
leave them alone (I've given up trying things now, tried everything).*

I've tried every suggestion, egg shells, copper tape, *garlic, onion,
bran flakes, salt, sand, gravel, fir tree needles, coffee grounds, beer
traps, vaseline, sand, gravel, Westlands slug Blocker
(http://tinyurl.com/2bh2f2.

None work and my plants are just dying! I recently bought a delphinium
and I have had to bring that in after the rain yesterday as it had just
started growing back again after the last attack....

I'm guessing there's only slug pellets left to try now, of course I
will get the pellets that don't hurt cats etc as my cat died that way
and they also effect the fertility of songbirds.

Is there anything that ACTUALLY works? I'm desperate!!!!!

--
hakakahn

Hand pick in the evening, set shade boards to trap them, raise toad
tadpoles up to become slug eating toads, get chickens.
Hand picking reduces them quickly.