Old 20-06-2008, 01:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Gluing pebbles for beach?

~ jan wrote:

-snip-
How about instead of thinking on the liner, think under? As in make a ridge
under the liner and lay the liner over it? ~ jan

That has occurred to me, but I'm not sure how well underliner contours
hold up in a freeze/thaw part of the country. [zone 5-6, in NY]

Also not sure what type of soil I'll find there. Beneath the thin
layer of sod my 1/2 acre varies from 5feet of beach-type sand to
gravel, to clay. If this spot is clay I would be inclined to give
it a try. If it's sand I wouldn't trust it at all.

I just read a Savio pond setup guide last night, and they say to use
the waterfall foam to hold a band of rocks.
http://www.savio.cc/images/uploads/S...000-Manual.pdf
[page 26]

The diagram on that page raises a couple question.

1. Why have the sudden drop right after the 'beach'? Seems like
a trap/hazard waiting to catch an unsuspecting wader.

2. Wouldn't gluing all the rocks lessen the gook that will settle
between them? I'm only talking about 10-20 square feet.

Jim