Old 20-06-2008, 09:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kathy[_3_] kathy[_3_] is offline

Default adventure with brine shrimp

So I ordered dragonfly larva and damselfly larva and
brine shrimp as a possible science *experience* for a
boy I am tutoring this summer.

Putting them in my deck pondlet to hang out and grow
for the summer, then will use the turkey baster to get some
out into a traveling container when it is their turn in the
curriculum.

The brine shrimp.... AK! Should have been acquainted with
their care and feeding before I ordered them so I could be
ready (next time) but I ended up with this huge bag and...
it slipped and I had brine shrimp EVERYWHERE! The dog
wouldn't even lap them up. So I had two of the three kids in
the kitchen trying to save the brine shrimp and wondering what
was on the counters and floor that I'm sure wasn't good for
them. Daughter said ten years ago this would have been
fun - harkening back to the days when we harbored all sorts
of critters in the house... she doesn't know I have a praying
mantis egg case waiting to hatch - bwa, ha, ha! The children
have to grow up, the mom doesn't!

k :-)