Old 20-06-2008, 11:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default adventure with brine shrimp

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:47:18 EDT, kathy wrote:

So I ordered dragonfly larva and damselfly larva and
brine shrimp as a possible science *experience* for a
boy I am tutoring this summer.

Hehe-- Be sure to tell him how gullible we were as kids- and some of
us believed they were trainable!
http://www.sea-monkeys.com/html/abou...atarethey.html

Where'd you get the Dragonflies? I found Damselflies here- but I'd
really like to mix them up a bit. I'm hoping to do all my mosquito
control with insects.

-snip-
of critters in the house... she doesn't know I have a praying
mantis egg case waiting to hatch - bwa, ha, ha! The children
have to grow up, the mom doesn't!

Way cool. I haven't seen one hatch in a while but a couple years
ago I discovered several around my garden.

Jim