Old 21-06-2008, 02:32 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Gluing pebbles for beach?

D Kat wrote:

what i worry about is what will dog claws do to the liner - if u follow
jans suggestion and then put slate or even thin cement pavers on top of
the liner and then sand on top of this u would avoid the problem of a soon
punctured
liner -

I had a dog who routinely _fell_ into the pond, and never managed to do it
any harm. EPDM is flexible enough to handle dog claws, imo.

another note - 6" is way too deep for birds. donna

Yes. I never had birds drown in my big pond, because they could always get
out, but I drowned a sparrow and a mouse in my tub pond before I managed to
devise a way for them to get out - and it never had 6" of water in it.
--
derek