Old 21-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Novice2 Novice2 is offline
Registered User

Default Norway Spruce turned brown/yellow

I bought a 2ft high Norweigan Spruce last Christmas for my young children from a Christmas Tree Farm in Leicestershire. I dug it out of the ground and planted it in my front garden where it has lived happily until the last month when I noticed the pine needles and branches all of sudden start to turn a yellow/brown colour. It was green up until then. The grass has been fertilized recently and I have not watered the tree myself but allowed the natural rain fall. Can anyone help. I was wondering whether it was in to close proximity to the road/drive but the tree is not very big so I doubt the roots are stifled. I attach a picture below.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks