Old 21-06-2008, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Shanghai McCoy[_2_] Shanghai McCoy[_2_] is offline

Default Insecticide Question

zxcvbob wrote:
Johnny wrote:
I spray my collards with liquid Sevin whenever cabbage worms appear.
I am apprehensive about eating the leaves and I wish to know if after
careful washing the collard leaves, are they safe to consume?
Thanks,
Johnny

Read the label:
http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld5ER002.pdf

Do not use within 14 days on Chinese cabbage, collards, kale, or mustard
greens.

"BT" might be a better choice, and is nontoxic.

Bob

I haven't used anything on my herb garden, but something is chowing on
my sage plant now. Would BT be a good choice there? Thanks!