Old 21-06-2008, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies[_2_] Emrys Davies[_2_] is offline

Default Composting card and cardboard question

Hopefull this will help: http://www.compostthis.co.uk/item/cardboard

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

roadback" wrote in message
Out council has recently gone from a 2 bin (garden rubbish and general
rubbish)to a three bin system (recyclables added). I rejected the

garden
bin as I shred and compost everything. Now however they have decided
that card and cardboard must go in the garden bin.
Having just upgraded from plastic compost bins to three, roughly 1

cubic
meter wooden ones, I have plenty of room for the card. Incidentally

the
new compost bins are proving far more efficient than the old. So how

do
I compost the card and cardboard? I already compost shredded paper,

but
in the plastic bins that takes a long time to decompose. Do I need to
cut large sheets up, also do I wet it thoroughly before placing in the
composters, any tips most welcome?