Old 07-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Mike

Default My nursery has OGR'S!!

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, "Scopata Fuori"
wrote:
No way! And BTW - That's not Mr. Lincoln. That's a triffid.

Oh yes. I don't recall what brand they were, but seems to me it wasn't an
"off brand." I planned to go this weekend, but got suckered into going on a
"baby shower" trip. Feh. I hid outside for most of the day, cleaning the
beds, fertilizing and turning the soil in the container roses, and then
wrapping the bases with weed matting, to prevent them from "catching" any
weeds in the containers. Then I got caught, and whisked off for two and a
half hours looking at overpriced baby merchandising in Toys R Us. I would
really like to spend more time this summer enjoying them by sitting back in
the lawn swing with a margarita, than enjoying them by pulling the weeds
out...

BTW, it's the Super Walmart in Salisbury, MD, on the Eastern Shore. I picked
up a pair of tree roses, that I "didn't" need, an Iceberg and something
else.

Scopata Fuori

I guess they're entitled to call it "super" WalMart if they're carrying
something like Ballerina, huh?

I envy you not the baby shower shopping. double feh ungood. Worst thing is,
the baby doesn't even appreciate it. You could've bought a rose, wrote
"Homer" on the side of the container, and offered to take it if the baby
didn't like the gift...

You may not have "needed" the Iceberg tree rose, but Iceberg works so well
in any form, I think you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Perhaps they
were Jackson & Perkins? I've been seeing their roses everywhere lately.

Mike
z8TX