Old 22-06-2008, 04:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kevin Cherkauer Kevin Cherkauer is offline

Default Slugs-nothing works, please help!!!!

I have found the iron phosphate slug pellets work great. Iron phosphate
occurs naturally in soil and is basically a plant nutrient, so these are
considered non-toxic and can be used in vegetable gardens, around pets, etc.

My family tried the beer trick when I was growing up -- IMO it's a complete
myth. We might have drowned a grand total of one slug that way, out of the
about five billion of them swarming over our garden.

Utopia in Decay
http://home.comcast.net/~kevin.cherkauer/site/

Kevin Cherkauer

"hakakahn" wrote in message

I'm guessing there's only slug pellets left to try now, of course I
will get the pellets that don't hurt cats etc as my cat died that way
and they also effect the fertility of songbirds.

Is there anything that ACTUALLY works? I'm desperate!!!!!