Old 22-06-2008, 02:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Frogs!

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:00:55 EDT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

This year I've seen more frogs, and toads, and more variety of frogs,
in my ponds than in years past.Gail
near San Antonio TX

I'm sure I would have had a ton more if I could have left them alone last
year and have free rein of the lily pond.

The last tree frog is still croaking, thankfully down by the koi ponds. The
one in the lily pond finally gave up a few nights ago... unless the raccoon
in the area got him. This is the normal time they stop... with one usually
hanging in there till the 4th of July. I have quite a few taddies, so
hopefully they'll come back on their own to the kiddy pool and stock tank
around the koi ponds. Funny thing, they liked the gallon buckets I planted
with lilies and filled with water. There were enough eggs in those that
when I moved the buckets to the tote tubs I ended up with taddies in 3 out
of 4 tubs. The 4th tub had mosquito larvae... Yea... taddy control works.
Mosquito Bits do too. ;-)

What I've noticed, even with a harder winter than we've had in awhile the
bugs seem worst and spiders are everywhere. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us