Old 22-06-2008, 05:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie NJ Bonnie NJ is offline

Default Frogs!

I have noticed a larger than usual number of frogs too. I have a
mixture
of green, leopard and bull frogs. The green frogs generally stay in a
small
pond with no fish. The leopard frogs come and go. Often see them
going
into the flower and garden beds. The bullfrogs have taken over the
veggie
filters and the iris bog. When we go out into the yard after dark,
it's best to
take a flashlight or you risk stepping on a frog! I've been startled
more than
once by a frog leaping and croaking just as I'm about to step on it.

We often sit on the porch listening to the frogs barking after dark.
Have
noticed that the fireflies aren't as numerous - wonder if that's is
the result
of so many frogs?

Bonnie
NJ