Old 23-06-2008, 01:34 PM
hakakahn hakakahn is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
Kevin Cherkauer wrote:
I have found the iron phosphate slug pellets work great. Iron phosphate
occurs naturally in soil and is basically a plant nutrient, so these are
considered non-toxic and can be used in vegetable gardens, around pets, etc.

My family tried the beer trick when I was growing up -- IMO it's a complete
myth. We might have drowned a grand total of one slug that way, out of the
about five billion of them swarming over our garden.

I have used the beer "trick" and have had great success with it. The
"trick" is to use stale beer, you have to let it "age" before the slugs
will be attracted to it. They other "trick" is to use shallow
containers, ones that the slugs don't have to do a lot of climbing to
get to. Also, placement is important. Place the containers in
"sheltered" areas. I found shady areas to be better than sunny areas.

As I say beer doesn't work, never has s I'm not sure boards would.
I don't have room for toads etc...
So I guess I have to get pellets and kill them, which I hate doing.
Dopes anyone have any reccs for non-animal harming ones?

This Morning are covering slugs This Morning today and they suggest all the usual natural things that don't work. It made me email in to say 'they don't work'!!