Old 07-04-2003, 07:44 AM
gregpresley

Default Copper Beech Tree

Copper beeches are native to Western Europe, which generally has milder
winters and much cooler summers than most of the US. I know it's hardy to
zone 5, maybe even to zone 4 for cold winter temps, but it might not cope
well with the heat and humidity east of the Mississippi River, except in New
England and the mid-Atlantic states. If you live in the southeast, you might
consider the American beech, which is also a beautiful tree, and, in my
opinion, has prettier foliage in the winter (it lingers on the tree a
brownish gold color).
"Laura Gilbert" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone tell me if this tree would do well in zone 7?

Thanks

--
Laura in Virginia